Its been a while since we wrote a root guide for a Huawei smartphone. HuaweiNews was originally started to bring you tutorials and custom ROM details but with the past wave of news, we were unable to keep up with our main intentions. However today we are bringing you a guide on how to Root Huawei’s recently released low cost popular smartphone Honor 3C. Honor 3C isn’t released internationally yet but some of you already imported it from China and some are messaging us asking for a Root guide for Honor 3C. First of all here are some of our previous articles about Honor 3C in case if you missed those.
* Honor 3C tear down pictures – http://huaweinews.com/2013/12/honor-3c-teardown/
* How to buy Honor 3C online – http://huaweinews.com/2014/01/buy-honor-3c-3x-online/
Rooting Honor 3C
Alert!As always make sure that installing Rooting is all about modifying the system files of your phone and there is always a risk of damaging your phone by doing so. HuaweiNews.com isn’t liable for any damages that may occur so proceed at your own risk.
Before you begin to Root you need to install the USB drivers of Honor 3C and download the program to do the Rooting process.
1. Download and install the latest HiSuite program – http://huaweinews.com/2013/07/hisuite-v1-8-10-download/
2. Download and install VRoot tool – http://dl.huaweinews.com/Tools/VRoot_188.8.131.5296_Setup.zip
Some antivirus programs may detect VRoot as malware because it contains the payload to do the rooting process. This is false positive and you can disable the antivirus when you install and run the program. Don’t connect your Honor 3C to the computer yet. Follow the steps below
* Go to Settings -> About Device and tap few times quickly on the build number until you get the message that the developer mode is activated
* Now navigate to Settings -> Developer options and activate USB debugging
* Connect the phone to the computer (MTP mode) and wait until the computer finishes up driver installation.
* Start VRoot program and it will detect your Honor 3C and press the green button to start rooting
* Wait for few minutes until it finishes and displays the success screen
* Restart your phone
That’s it. Your Honor 3C is now rooted and you can verify this by downloading a root checker app from Google play. Let us know your ideas and questions in the comments below. If you found an easier way, we would love to hear about that too.