Huawei Honor 3X was unveiled alongside Honor 3C at a press conference held in China on last December. Honor 3X is a powerhouse with specifications such as true 8 core processor and 2GB RAM. But sadly both Honor 3X and 3C are released only in China for the moment. But that’s not stopping anyone from importing the device from China and using it outside the Chinese region. We have even wrote a guide for you if you are interested in importing a Honor 3X or 3C with minimal risk – http://huaweinews.com/2014/01/buy-honor-3c-3x-online/. Today lets see how you can root Huawei Honor 3X very easily using the freely available Rooting tool called “Root Genius”
Since Honor 3X is using the MediaTek 6592 octa core processor, now there is a root exploit available for rooting the smartphones and tablets using latest MediaTek processors. Here are the steps for rooting your Honor 3X
Alert!As always make sure that installing Rooting is all about modifying the system files of your phone and there is always a risk of damaging your phone by doing so. HuaweiNews.com isn’t liable for any damages that may occur so proceed at your own risk. Also note that you might loose the ability to receive OTA updates if you root your device
* You need to install the USB drivers on your computer as the initial step. Install HiSuite and it will take care of the USB drivers for you – http://huaweinews.com/2013/07/hisuite-v1-8-10-download/
* Download and install RootGenius application. http://dl.huaweinews.com/Tools/RootGenius.zip password for the zip file is “huaweinews” and note that you will have to disable your antivirus program when you extract the file and installing it. Most of the virus guards might detect it as malware because of the included rooting exploit.
* Enable USB debugging and Application installs from unknown sources by going in to the settings menu
* Close the HiSuite program if its running and connect your Honor 3X to the PC using MTP mode.
* Start the RootGenius application and wait until it detects your phone. This program is in Chinese but the steps are so easy to follow so don’t worry about it.
After RootGenius detects your phone it will display a screen like the one above. Click the Root button here and wait until it prompts you with the success screen.
Congratulations your Honor 3X is now rooted. You can unplug the phone now and check if there is a app called “kinguser” on your menu. Alternatively verify the root by downloading a root checker app from Google Play. If you have used this guide to Root your Honor 3X please leave a comment with your findings because that will help other users who are willing to try this.