We have done lots of “How to Root” guides since our existence. In fact HuaweiNews was born with the idea of bringing you guides and custom ROM’s for Huawei devices even though our name suggests this to be a news site. So if you are Huawei device owner, the web site you are reading right now is the one stop place to find out all you need for your Huawei device.
Ascend P7 is the Huawei’s flagship smartphone at the moment of writing this. We know new Huawei smartphones like Huawei Honor 6 surpasses Ascend P7 in terms of specifications etc. But P7 is still the official king of Huawei smartphones. P7 still under a month old and already Huawei surpassed the 1 million sales milestone within the first month. So if you are a proud owner of beautiful Ascend P7 you might have wondered how to Root this device to get most out of it. This guide focuses on how you can root your Ascend P7 in simple easy steps.
Alert!As always make sure that Rooting is all about modifying the system files of your phone and there is always a risk of damaging your phone by doing so. HuaweiNews.com isn’t liable for any damages that may occur so proceed at your own risk.
You need a software called “Root Genius” to do this. This guide will work on Ascend P7-L10 , P7-L00 and many other variants. However always proceed at your own risk.
Steps you need to follow
1. Make sure you have Huawei HiSuite installed on your computer because it will install all the USB drivers needed for your PC to communicate with the P7. Latest HiSuite can be found here – http://huaweinews.com/2014/03/hisuite-update-kitkat/
2. After installing HiSuite check if your Ascend P7 connects with it correctly. And then you can close the program.
3. Download the Root Genius program from its official web site and install it on your PC – http://goo.gl/F68OYN
4. Go to Settings option on the menu and make sure USB debugging is enabled
5. Open the Root Genius program and wait until it detects your phone.
7. Voila! Your phone is now rooted and verify it by going in to the Apps and check for KingUser app. That’s the root permission granting app just like SuperSu. You can verify the root by downloading a Root checker app from Google Play.