Released early this year, Huawei Ascend G6 seems to have become popular in European countries because of its features offered for such a low price. Ascend G6 is such a neat looking budget smartphone in Huawei’s line up and it shares the looks of its premium brother Ascend P6. We have been receiving lots of requests from our readers asking us to write a Rooting guide for Ascend G6. After seeing currently available Rooting methods around the web and its associated issues, we have decided to explain the best possible way to Root your Ascend G6.
* This guide will work for all Ascend G6 models including Ascend G6-U10 / G6-U00 / G6-L11
* Your Warranty might be void if you root and Huaweinews.com isn’t liable for any damages that might occur by rooting your device.
* Download and install Root Genius App on your Windows PC – http://goo.gl/0MXYrB
* You need to enable USB debugging by going to “Developer options” menu in settings of your Ascend G6. “Developer options” menu is hidden by default unless you have already enabled it. To enable “Developer Options” go to Settings -> About Phone and tap the “Build number” text quickly for about 5-8 times until “Developer Options” menu appear on your Ascend G6. When you are on “Developer Options” tick “USB debugging” to enable it.
* Open Root Genius application and connect your Ascend G6 to your computer.
* Root Genius will detect your phone if its connected successfully. Accept the user agreement and click the Root button. This will take about a minute and after the process your phone will be restarted
* Your Ascend G6 is now rooted. Look for “Kinguser” app on your app tray and alternatively you can install a root checker app from Google Play to verify the root. You can install “SuperSU” app from Google play if you prefer it.
If your anti-virus software detects any malwares or viruses during above steps, disable the anti-virus program until you are finished with Rooting. It’s normal for anti-virus programs to detect Rooting exploits as viruses.
If Root Genius software fails to detect your Ascend G6, USB drivers might not be installed on your PC. To install drivers, download and install Huawei HiSuite application on your PC. http://huaweinews.com/2014/03/hisuite-update-kitkat/