Rooting your Android device is the very first step to enter world of Android freedom. If you have rooted your device you can then install custom recoveries,ROM’s and do boatload of other customization’s out there fairly easily. If you own an Ascend P6 you might have already seen our guide to Root Ascend P6 which we wrote more than an year ago – http://huaweinews.com/2013/07/root-huawei-ascend-p6/. Things have changed, Ascend P6 smartphones are now shipping with Android KitKat and current customers have gotten the upgrade to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmwares. Our old guide has covered how to Root Ascend P6 running Android 4.2.2 firmware’s but that method doesn’t work with the newer KitKat firmwares. So considering our readers requests, We have decided to write about how you can Root your Ascend P6 running Android 4.4.2 official KitKat firmwares with just a few clicks.
1. Download and install Root Genius App on your Windows PC – http://goo.gl/5o1CoC
2. You need to enable USB debugging by going to “Developer options” menu in settings of your P6. But “Developer options” menu is hidden by default unless you have already enabled it. To enable “Developer Options” go to Settings -> About Phone and tap the “Build number” text quickly for about 8 times until “Developer Options” menu appear on your P6. When you are on “Developer Options” tick “USB debugging” to enable it.
3. Open Root Genius application and connect your Ascend P6 to your computer. You might want to temporary disable anti virus software’s.
4. Root Genius will detect your phone if its connected successfully. Accept the user agreement and click the Root button. This will take about a minute and after the process your phone will be restarted
5. Your Ascend P6 is now rooted. Look for “Kinguser” app on your app tray and alternatively you can install a root checker app from Google Play to verify the root.
Note : If Root Genius fails to detect your Ascend P6. It means that USB drivers aren’t installed for your device. Install HiSuite to automatically install USB drivers for your Ascend P6 and try again after restarting your computer.